Monday, January 20, 2014

View From Poo's Couch



So, my first post of the new blog format. Guess I better be clever, funny, relevant, interesting and cool lest...

Fuck!

The pressure is too intense. Guess I'll just type whatever shit comes into my head, post, and then let the chips fall where they may.

* * *

It's Martin Luther King Jr. Day today, and it seems every special interest group under the sun is now cherry picking a quote of his and declaring their cause the "REAL" vision of MLK. Well, I contend if MLK were alive today his "real" message to all these organizations would be STFU!

* * *

That Seahawks/Niners game last night...one of the best I've ever seen. What a fucking war down to the final seconds. Still, the best part for me was the post game interview when Seattle CB Richard Sherman scared the living shit out of delicate flower Erin Andrews moments after his deflection clinched it for the Seahawks. He was still fired up, screaming and slobbering rage about Niner WR Michael Crabtree, and she just about shit herself trembling with the mic. Epic.

* * *

Saw an ugly twitter fight break out last night between Kenny Poo fave Crystal Bowersox and her ex, Brian Walker. Really hate seeing that shit play out on social media, especially when a kid is involved. Not sure who is right or wrong in the dispute, but both celebs and everyday people alike need to learn you keep the dirty laundry out of social media. Nothing good can come from airing deeply personal domestic grievances on twitter.

* * *

Sunny and 72 degrees today here in SoFlo. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you didn't already hate me.

* * *

Yesterday, I had a wedding followed by an engagement party. Today, a hangover followed by an unveiling. All that's missing was a bris. Circle of life, baby. Now, someone convince my kids to let me take a nap.

* * *

Blacklist tonight. Simply the best damn show on TV. Spader FTW. Watch it or you suck.

* * *

OK, that's enough wit and wisdom for a first installment. If I throw out anymore brilliant nuggets you'll expect me to live up to that standard every damn day. I can't handle that kind of pressure.

So, with that...

Poo out!

No comments:

Post a Comment